Important Youth Exchange Information
Free Background Checks are REQUIRED for any
Rotarian driving or helping out our Exchange Student
Our Exchange Student from Iceland will be arriving soon. We are all anxious to meet him and make sure his stay in Berks County is pleasant. However, any Rotarian that provides rides for our exchange student or helps out the exchange student in any way other than occasional contact at a Rotary meeting is required to have background checks.
Background checks are REQUIRED by:
- Pennsylvania State Law
- Rotary International
- Eastern States Student Exchange
- U.S. Department of State.
NOTE: The checks for Pennsylvania residents are FREE for volunteers, and have been since July 25, 2015.
Rotarians must provide copies of the following 3 clearances to our Rotary District 7430 Youth Exchange Chair, Patricia Smith, at email@example.com.
- Report of Criminal History from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP), FREE, (only takes 10-15 minutes): epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services, FREE, (only takes 20-30 minutes): www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- Volunteers who moved to Pennsylvania within the past 10 years need a fingerprint based FBI Criminal History Clearance submitted through the Department of Human Services, $27.50, this takes 5-10 minutes online plus 10-15 minutes at the fingerprinting location: www.pa.cogentid.com/index_dpwNew.htm
Volunteers who have resided in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the past 10 years can submit a FREE Disclosure Statement for Volunteers in lieu of the Fingerprint based FBI Clearance: keepkidssafe.pa.gov/cs/groups/webcontent/documents/document/c_160267.pdf
These volunteer clearances (PSP Report of Criminal History and DHS Child Abuse History Clearance) are valid for 60 months. Hence, if you have ones that are still valid, use them. The FBI check for people moving to Pennsylvania is valid for as long as you remain in Pennsylvana.
Please take the few minutes that are required to do this right.
If you have any questons about the Rotary Youth Exchange Program, contact our Exchange Officer, Marie DeFilipps at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any comments on this email, please let me know at email@example.com.
Kutztown Rotary Club Secretary